Printable View: Adobe PDF
Fall 2013 Co-op and Internship Poster Crawl
Sponsored by the Georgia Tech Division of Professional Practice
September 9, 2013
Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons Atrium
Floors 1 & 2
Set-up: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Poster Presentations/Judging: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Awards Presentation: 6:45 PM
Georgia Tech students who have completed or are completing domestic or international co-ops or internships have an opportunity to create a poster showcasing projects or tasks accomplished during work assignments with employers as they relate to academic studies.
Why Should I Participate:
- Share your co-op or internship experience(s) with other Georgia Tech students, faculty, staff and employers.
- Teach and learn from other students about the opportunities existing outside of the classroom and in the “real world.”
- Have an opportunity to polish your communication and public speaking skills by presenting your work experience.
- Be eligible for $500 prizes for best poster/presentation.
ALL undergraduate and graduate co-op or internship students are encouraged to participate.
Application form due (with abstract): July 31, 2013
Posters must contain the following items:
- Name of company or company logo
- Location of co-op or internship
- Name of co-op or intern student
- Semester(s) worked at the co-op or internship
- 1-2 examples of significant project(s) or work accomplished
- Summary/results of project(s) or work
- Use bulletpoints rather than paragraphs
- Photographs, graphs, charts, or other visuals
- **You must obtain permission from your employer before using samples of projects or other information.
- Information about your employer such as corporate mission
- How your project fit into overall goals of the company
- “What I Learned” (details about co-op or internship experience)
- Skills gained
- Lessons learned
- Challenges and how you overcame them
- Future plans (with company or other)
- Maximum dimensions: 30 inches by 40 inches (size of foam poster board.)
- Poster must be mounted on a foam board, so please ensure your poster is NO LARGER than 30 inches by 40 inches.
- Tips for creating poster presentation:
- Free PowerPoint Poster templates are also available online at:
- Foam poster boards for mounting your poster or poster sections and easels will be provided to all participants. The foam poster boards are 30 inches by 40 inches. You may pick up your foam poster board by visiting the Division of Professional Practice: Savant Building, First Floor, Main Lobby: Room 112. The deadline to pick up a foam poster board is August 23, 2013. Otherwise, the foam board will be available the day of the Poster Crawl.
- Printing your poster: Will be the responsibility of the student. Facilities are available at the Library East Commons or the Craft Center in the Student Center. The poster can also be printed at a local printing/photocopy company or in your college/school (if facilities are available). If using any of these methods, plan to have your poster printed several days in advance to eliminate any technical or hardware problems.
- Clips will be available the day of the Poster Crawl to affix your poster to the foam board provided.
- DoPP will host a workshop leading up to the Poster Crawl event on “How to Effectively Create/Present a Poster” (Details coming soon.)
- Students presenting are encouraged to wear professional attire.
- Please arrive for the event by 4:45 PM, 15 minutes before judging begins to ensure you are present and prepared for the judging portion of the poster crawl.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your co-op or internship experience(s) and speak with students, faculty, staff and industry visitors.